Tag Archives: cargo
The long wait is finally over, the next mega update from us is here! With 65 new cities and 3 new countries this is another huge release and it will bring you hundreds of hours of game time. In this version you will notice a lot of changes during your jobs all across Europe, because not only did we expand the map on its frontiers, we also added and enhanced cities and landscapes in many other places.
We added three new countries for you to visit: Croatia, Serbia and Ireland. Of course with their very own look and atmosphere – including their own police cars. And if you love going north, take a sightseeing trip all the way up to North Cape!
Many changes and additions were also made for the various companies and cargos. We added several missing company skins for the trailers – including the Schwarzmüller DLC. And if you love to haul double trailers, we enabled them in the job markets of Germany, Finland, Spain and the Netherlands.
This is a full map release. So after updating the files in your mod folder, ensure to delete our previous ProMods map files.
Overview of Changes
- Austria: Reutte, Hainburg a.d.Donau, Obsteig. Rebuilt: Wien (Vienna)
- Croatia: Osijek, Rijeka, Slavonski Brod, Zagreb
- Denmark: Rønne (Bornholm island)
- Finland: Mariehamn (Åland island)
- Finland: Ivalo, Kokkola, Sodankylä, Utsjoki
- France: Rebuilt: Calais, Updated: Bayonne, Pau
- Germany: Bonn, Koblenz, Mainz, Sangerhausen, Uelzen, Wiesbaden
- Hungary: Győr
- Iceland: Vestmannaeyjar. Rebuilt: Höfn, Selfoss
- Ireland: Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Sligo, Wexford
- Italy: Trieste and connections to Slovenia
- Latvia: Daugavpils
- Lithuania: Tauragė
- Norway: Dombås, Hamar, Lillehammer, Oppdal, Orkanger, Otta, Trondheim: the important E6 and E14 to Sweden
- Norway: Honningsvåg,, Tana Bru: The road to the North Cape!
- Poland: Augustów, Elbląg, Ostrów Mazowiecka
- Russia: Черняховск (Chernyakhovsk), Калининград (Kaliningrad), Кандалакша (Kandalaksha), Верхнетуломский (Verkhnetulomsky)
- Serbia: Нови Сад (Novi Sad), Суботица (Subotica), Зрењанин (Zrenjanin)
- Spain: Huesca, Lleida and further connections to France
- Sweden: Östersund, Åre and the full E14
- UK (England): Canterbury, Folkestone. Rebuilt: Dover and the full Channel Tunnel terminal
- UK (Wales): Fishguard (port), Holyhead (port)
- UK (Scotland): Cairnryan (port), Dumfries, Fraserburgh, Perth, Stranraer
- UK (Northern Ireland): Belfast, Larne (port), Lisburn, Derry/Londonderry
- General: Many bug fixes and tweaks versus 2.18
- General: Police cars added for Croatia, Serbia and Ireland
- Fixed the company sorting in the job list for every company.
- Enabled Doubles in Germany, Finland, Spain and the Netherlands.
- Restored the Norbert Dentressangle, Deret and Metro trailer skins we used to have.
- Added Rimi, Mazet, Biedronka, XXXLutz, Lidl, Maxima and Tesco trailer looks.
- Fixed SCS’ missing Gallia Ferries trailer skin by adding one.
- Fixed Capitaine Cook, Deret, GHB, Metro, Norbert Dentressangle, Orlen, Scania, Ikea and Volvo trailer skin transparency (They no longer look like it’s been raining bleach).
- Effectively removes both of PR’s trailers because their implementation was outdated.
- Adds all of the company-specific trailers to traffic.
- Adds all of the company-specific skins to the appropriate Schwarzmüller trailers (Requires Schwarzmüller DLC to work).
After nearly a year’s work the Trailer Developers are proud to offer the first add-on to the ProMods Map, the Trailer and Company Pack. The idea was concieved around a year ago by KubaJAM and Nico, and has since hugely expanded beyond initial targets. LoaderSaints joined the team very early on and has been a key contributor, replacing all the company logos made by SCS, and Getrixx created some stunning experimental trailer skins recently up until release.
The pack now comprises over 200 trailers and 40 companies, as well as a few new add-on trailers that they have borrowed the rights to from skilled modders within the ETS2 community. They have learned that making a mod like this is never without its flaws, and that the mod would’ve been released much earlier if not for game errors leading to them scratching their heads, but hopefully all flaws should be ironed out by now.
These developers aim to gradually expand the pack further. The journey will not just stop here as they want to explore new routes such as making custom companies specific to countries if not cities, adding more types of trailers, adding more skins and things that have not even been thought about yet.
SCS’ new additions will help to advance their ever-expanding mod, with new DLCs such as new cities with new companies, tandem trailers, coaches and surely far more in future, the team will be challenged to create new content to add to their pack.
The trailer developers believe this community has come a long way in the past three years, from the conception of ProMods all the way to 2016 and the release of the first add-on. What is best about this community is its ability to expand and allow in new members, with new skills to add to each team. This is exactly like the trailer and company pack, members like those working on it were once average community members with no skills. This proves that anyone can learn to make mods for ETS2, which makes it one of the most dynamic games available, and they sincerly encourage you all to try something, whether that be creating skins, editing defs, map making, or something completely different.
On behalf of the Trailer Development team, thank you for taking the time to read this, and enjoy the mod!
With the next update and the new Scandinavia DLC, SCS will introduce some new trailers and more than 80 new cargo options to ETS2. The new trailers will range across multiple industries, including livestock, wind farm parts, and trucks. Some of the trailers and cargoes will be part of a free game update.
They will reassign existing and new cargoes to companies “where it makes perfect sense to haul from or deliver to.” As a result, the farms will be split into animal farms and plant farms. This will lead to a complete overhaul of the existing cargo system.
We had our own plans to separate the trailers from our main map expansion. With these changes announced by SCS, this step becomes more important. In a future update of ProMods, we will remove the two included trailers (truck carrier and trailer with forklift attached) from the map mod. While the forklift trailer will become a part of your upcoming Cargo Pack, we haven’t decided if we should keep our truck trailer or not.
Another important aspect of this update is that the company types and the cargoes become more connected to each other. This may lead that we need to revise the companies located in certain cities and the cargo types to companies we added to our mod pack.
However, more information about the exact changes will follow in the future. So far, we can only give preliminary expectations about changes we may want to apply to ProMods.