Tag Archives: map
We released updates of all of our mods to enable compatibility with the latest update of Euro Truck Simulator 2 to version 1.31.
ProMods Map 2.27
This is a plain compatibility update with bug fixes for major bugs only. As with the last version, the Italy DLC works with (but is not required for) this version.
You will see lots of new content with our upcoming version 2.30, as well as bug fixes for many minor bugs. There’s still a lot of work for us, but we are aiming to release our next big update by the end of summer. Note that version 2.30 will require the Italy DLC.
Cabin Accessories Pack 1.05
Apart from the compatibility with ETS2 1.31 this pack includes two new caps featuring our logo. We also added support for the New Generation Scania.
Trailer & Company Pack 1.17
This is a plain compatibility update. We are working on adding animated trailer cables and new content, which will be added in the next major update to the addon.
These are full releases. After installing these versions, make sure to delete your previous ProMods map or pack versions.
The long wait is finally over, the next mega update from us is here! With 65 new cities and 3 new countries this is another huge release and it will bring you hundreds of hours of game time. In this version you will notice a lot of changes during your jobs all across Europe, because not only did we expand the map on its frontiers, we also added and enhanced cities and landscapes in many other places.
We added three new countries for you to visit: Croatia, Serbia and Ireland. Of course with their very own look and atmosphere – including their own police cars. And if you love going north, take a sightseeing trip all the way up to North Cape!
Many changes and additions were also made for the various companies and cargos. We added several missing company skins for the trailers – including the Schwarzmüller DLC. And if you love to haul double trailers, we enabled them in the job markets of Germany, Finland, Spain and the Netherlands.
This is a full map release. So after updating the files in your mod folder, ensure to delete our previous ProMods map files.
Overview of Changes
- Austria: Reutte, Hainburg a.d.Donau, Obsteig. Rebuilt: Wien (Vienna)
- Croatia: Osijek, Rijeka, Slavonski Brod, Zagreb
- Denmark: Rønne (Bornholm island)
- Finland: Mariehamn (Åland island)
- Finland: Ivalo, Kokkola, Sodankylä, Utsjoki
- France: Rebuilt: Calais, Updated: Bayonne, Pau
- Germany: Bonn, Koblenz, Mainz, Sangerhausen, Uelzen, Wiesbaden
- Hungary: Győr
- Iceland: Vestmannaeyjar. Rebuilt: Höfn, Selfoss
- Ireland: Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Sligo, Wexford
- Italy: Trieste and connections to Slovenia
- Latvia: Daugavpils
- Lithuania: Tauragė
- Norway: Dombås, Hamar, Lillehammer, Oppdal, Orkanger, Otta, Trondheim: the important E6 and E14 to Sweden
- Norway: Honningsvåg,, Tana Bru: The road to the North Cape!
- Poland: Augustów, Elbląg, Ostrów Mazowiecka
- Russia: Черняховск (Chernyakhovsk), Калининград (Kaliningrad), Кандалакша (Kandalaksha), Верхнетуломский (Verkhnetulomsky)
- Serbia: Нови Сад (Novi Sad), Суботица (Subotica), Зрењанин (Zrenjanin)
- Spain: Huesca, Lleida and further connections to France
- Sweden: Östersund, Åre and the full E14
- UK (England): Canterbury, Folkestone. Rebuilt: Dover and the full Channel Tunnel terminal
- UK (Wales): Fishguard (port), Holyhead (port)
- UK (Scotland): Cairnryan (port), Dumfries, Fraserburgh, Perth, Stranraer
- UK (Northern Ireland): Belfast, Larne (port), Lisburn, Derry/Londonderry
- General: Many bug fixes and tweaks versus 2.18
- General: Police cars added for Croatia, Serbia and Ireland
- Fixed the company sorting in the job list for every company.
- Enabled Doubles in Germany, Finland, Spain and the Netherlands.
- Restored the Norbert Dentressangle, Deret and Metro trailer skins we used to have.
- Added Rimi, Mazet, Biedronka, XXXLutz, Lidl, Maxima and Tesco trailer looks.
- Fixed SCS’ missing Gallia Ferries trailer skin by adding one.
- Fixed Capitaine Cook, Deret, GHB, Metro, Norbert Dentressangle, Orlen, Scania, Ikea and Volvo trailer skin transparency (They no longer look like it’s been raining bleach).
- Effectively removes both of PR’s trailers because their implementation was outdated.
- Adds all of the company-specific trailers to traffic.
- Adds all of the company-specific skins to the appropriate Schwarzmüller trailers (Requires Schwarzmüller DLC to work).
We are working hard towards ProMods 2.20 which will once again introduce a wide variety of new landscapes and infrastructure into the mod. However, complications due to the situation in Poland mean that its release is some way off yet.
In the meantime, this compatibility update is necessary for the current ProMods map to work with Euro Truck Simulator 2 version 1.27. It requires all three map DLCs: “Going East!”, “Scandinavia”, and “Vive la France !”. There will be no future versions of the mod that do not require all of these DLCs.
Over 10,000 of our models have been converted to the new format required for ETS2 1.27. Fortunately most of this could be done in batches, but some models required greater attention. At the same time, we are reviewing the models from Poland Rebuilding, some of which are rarely used and poorly optimised so can be removed or replaced. This process will take much longer to complete, but should improve the efficiency of our mod over time.
2.16 also showcases the first of many improvements to the map in Poland. You can enjoy a rebuilt Siedlce and various overhauls of interchanges and delivery points elsewhere.
Furthermore, we highlight some of the smaller bonus changes. We have several rebuilding projects, but as modding techniques progress some improvements can be implemented earlier, before the full rebuild. These “lite” rebuilds generally get rid of pet peeves (like single-lane highway interchanges or old signs and terrain textures) and can be done in a short amount of time. A demonstration of this can be found in Luxembourg and around Prague in the Czech Republic, where 6 single-lane interchanges have been replaced.
You’ll find more tasters of 2.20 in other countries: two roads were extended in Italy, while in France Cherbourg has returned to the mod and Metz has been rebuilt – both with many assets from the “Vive la France !” DLC to fit in with the surrounding mapping style. And as optimisation techniques improve, parts of Manresa and Barcelona have been overhauled to improve performance. Without a complete rebuild these older areas of Spain will never perform as well as those coming in 2.20 and beyond, but we continue to do what we can to reduce lagging.
Finally, thanks to some excellent teamwork we are proud to include AI police cars for all countries introduced by ProMods to complement those added by SCS in ETS2 1.27 for all vanilla countries. This was only possible with Jazzycat’s permission for us to use some of his vehicles, and PirriAND’s permission for us to use his skin for the Andorran police car. Our special thanks go out to them.
We have also released compatibility updates for the ProMods Add-ons “Trailer & Company Pack” and “Cabin Accessories Pack” a few days earlier. Both updates are pure compatibility patches without any new content.
With the recent update of Euro Truck Simulator 2 to 1.26 and the release of “Vive la France !” DLC, we had to release a compatibility update of our map. But we know that many people won’t buy the DLC in the early days, so we have built two ProMods versions:
- Version 2.12 for ETS2 1.26, with no requirement for “Vive la France” DLC
- Version 2.15 for ETS2 1.26, but “Vive la France” DLC is a requirement
While version 2.15 features all of SCS’s new map content, including rebuilt Paris, our 2.12 version is simply an updated version of 2.11, which means you should expect the old version of Paris and France.
So you can continue to enjoy ProMods with the current ETS2 version, independently when you plan to get your copy of “Vive la France !” DLC. But keep in mind, that all future versions of ProMods will require all three map DLC – including “Vive la France !”.
The changes in the latest game update to Euro Truck Simulator 2 version 1.25 require a compatibility update of ProMods. We’re proud to provide you ProMods 2.11 only a few days after the release of the game update:
ProMods 2.11 is just a compatibility update for ETS2 1.25 and contains no new areas. In addition to the bugfixes included in this version, we enhanced the licence plates for some countries:
Three years ago a new mod for Euro Truck Simulator 2 was released – ProMods. Our goal was to provide realism while expanding the game’s map. For that reason, we are happy to announce Promods 2.10, the 3rd Anniversary Edition. Whether you fancy trucking from Barcelona to Murmansk, or from Bulgaria to the Isle of Man, you are sure to find a road that meets your style.
This release features:
- Over 40 brand new cities
- Three brand new countries to explore.
- Rebuilds of major cities such as København, Nürnberg and Brussel/Bruxelles.
- Many kilometres of new roads stretching from the Barents Sea to the Mediterranean Sea
Full list of the content can be found in our compatibility list.
Promods 2.10 is compatible with Euro Truck Simulator 1.24.
Ready to experience a brand new level of ProMods?
With ProMods 2.0 starting to shape up, MIRFI’s work is starting to be completed. So I thought I’d “interview” him about his work and share his answers here.
Concept texts from developers is an idea we thought that would liven up the blog a bit. We’ve asked from all the developers to give us a paragraph or two about their map, which would describe how difficult it was to build it, what we can expect to see and a few opinions from the developer. In this case, we did this “interview” style so we asked some questions to the developer and got answers in return. So, without further ado, let’s have a look at his answers to our questions.
1. Why should we drive in the countries you made in your opinion? What makes them stand out from the other countries?
Romania, Moldova and Bulgaria are ex-communist states with Moldova even being an ex-soviet state. These countries give a different feel from the other parts of the map. They both have different architecture styles from the rest of the countries in the Euro Truck Simulator 2 world, since they feature an unique mix of pure undisturbed rural areas and big megalomaniac cities. Romania in particular stands out with some great scenery, the Carpathian mountains and the Black Sea, all of which give this country a rather special feel.
2. What can we expect to see in Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova? Is there anything new in them that we’ve never seen in ProMods so far?
Great scenery, and a lot of 2 lane roads! As mentioned their cities are built with a different style over the current cities in Euro Truck Simulator 2. The feeling that these cities give is very different from what we are all used to.
3. Was it difficult to build these countries? Were there any challenges along the way?
Yes, it was difficult, but it was fun too. The fact that the project was restarted from scratch during the building phase (due to some technical problems) and the lack of free time that I’m confronting with didn’t really make things any easier. But it was awesome to bring my home country to the game’s world!
3. Did you enjoy building these countries?
I loved it! Especially the Eastern part of Romania (the place where I live) and the Republic of Moldova.
4. Which is your favourite road/city/spot in these countries? Which place would you recommend us to go to?
They all deserve a visit! Romania has it all. From endless sunny plains to 2500m high mountains. Moldova has many hills, but it’s fun to drive country too. I would recommend you though to explore the eastern half of Romania, crossing the mountain passes over the Carpathian Mountains. Don’t forget to check out Piatra-Neamț, where you’ll be able to spot the house where I live or the city of Constanța, at the black sea shore. The capital of Moldova, Chișinău, is really worth a visit too!
That’s all from MIRFI, and on behalf of the ProMods blog team, we’d like to thank him for his contribution. And now, some pictures from his recommendations: